About the Award: Research award recipients will join IDRC for a one-year paid program to undertake research on the topic they have submitted. They will receive hands-on experience in research and program management and support, grant administration, and the creation, dissemination, and use of knowledge from an international perspective.
For payroll purposes, awardees are considered full-time employees of IDRC. Benefits include employer contributions to employment insurance, employer health tax, the Canada Pension Plan, and paid vacation leave. Some travel and research expenses are also supported, up to a maximum of CA$15,000.
Eligible Field(s): Six awards will be offered. There is one award per development outcome area listed below. You may choose only ONE of the following:
- Climate resilience and sustainable food systems
- Education and innovation systems
- Ethics in development research
- Health equity
- Inclusive governance
- Sustainable inclusive growth
Grant Type: Research
Eligibility: This call is open to Canadians, permanent residents of Canada, and citizens of developing countries enrolled in a master’s or a doctoral degree at a recognized university OR who have completed a master’s or a doctoral degree at a recognized university.
- Canadians or permanent residents of Canada who are enrolled in a master’s or a doctoral degree at a recognized university OR have completed (within the last three years) a master’s or doctoral degree at a recognized university.
- Citizens of a developing country who are enrolled in a master’s or a doctoral degree at a Canadian university OR have completed (within the last three years) a master’s or doctoral degree at a recognized university. In either case, applicants must already have a work permit valid for full-time work (37.5 hours per week) in Canada until December 31, 2021 prior to applying.
Please note: the expectation of receiving a post-graduation work permit is not sufficient.
Eligible Countries: Canada (citizens & permanent residents), Developing countries
To be Taken at (Country): IDRC’s head office in Ottawa, Canada.
Number of Awards: 6
Value of Award: Salary for one year in Canada: CA$42,033 to $48,659
Duration of Award: January to December 2021 (12 months)