NAEd in collaboration with Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship supports early-career scholars working in critical areas of education research. This nonresidential postdoctoral fellowship funds proposals that make significant scholarly contributions to the field of education. The program also develops the careers of its recipients through professional development activities.
- Fellows may not receive other concurrent funding for their project during the tenure of the fellowship. Fellows may not hold a separate grant from the Spencer Foundation during their fellowship period.
- Fellows must receive approval for their project from a human subjects review board prior to release of fellowship funds.
- Applicants must have received their PhD, EdD, or equivalent research degree between January 1, 2015, and December 31, 2019.
- Applications must be made by the individual applying for the fellowship. Group applications will not be accepted.
- The proposed project must be a research project.
- Applicants may not be employees of the Spencer Foundation or the National Academy of Education.
- This is a non-residential fellowship, and international applicants are encouraged.
The fellowship of $70,000 will be awarded to 25 scholars. Fellows may elect to take the fellowship full-time over one year or half-time over two years. This is a non- residential fellowship. Scholars may conduct their research at their home institution or at another research site that they have arranged. During their fellowship tenure, fellows are required to attend three professional development retreats hosted by the NAEd and to make a formal presentation of their research to the Academy. The NAEd provides additional travel funds for fellows to attend these meetings.
- Application Form
- Project Description
- Examples of past researches relevant to education
- Career Statement
- Curricular Vitae
CLICK HERE FOR A DETAILED GUIDELINE
The application deadline is 5pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, November 18, 2020. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.